Search This Blog

Check Out My Lego Star Wars set reviews

Friday 4 September 2015

The Collector's Pick In Review: Darth Vader #75111


Box art

Four bags (not numbered)




So this time I'm going to review Darth Vader battle figure. I got it from BR for 27,95€. Darth Vader is maybe the most epic SW character ever and I must say, I was really impressed by this battle figure.

Design 8/10
The battle figure looks very impressing and epic and reminds a lot Darth Vader from the movies but it was not too easy to get Vader balanced.

Play features 8/10
Battle figures are meant to be played with so this is important. Even I didn't actually play with it, I found that the figure doesn't break easily. It can hold lightsaber a few different ways and get a match against Luke Skywalker. But not any WOW features either.

Value for money 9/10
It's something new and interesting and it's big enough. But I don't recommend buying this for the parts unless you have a crazy good idea as there are only technic and not-so-useful exclusive parts.

Build 8/10
It was such a fast build. For me this was first build that contained like only technic stuff so it was interesting and fun. It was not completely new thing as TLG has produced LSW technic builds before.

Parts 7/10
It's not very easy to use most of the parts for system stuff but on the other hand there are crazy many exclusive parts. And if you are an experienced builder I'm sure you can come up with some new ways to use these parts.

Minifigs
Does not include minifigs

Need 9/10
It's something new and fresh, cool and imperessing. Looks awesome when displayed.




2 comments:

  1. "But I don't recommend buying this for the parts unless you have a crazy good idea as there are only technic and not-so-useful exclusive parts." That depends if you are a Technic fan or not. I think, for one thing, the new lightsaber pieces could be pretty useful. There are also some interesting Technic pieces.
    --Chaz Fairbanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point too. For a random MOC it's not the best set, but might be really useful for Technic fans.

      Delete

What would you like to see in this blog? Now you can contribute!